NORMAL DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES
In home appliance service specialists are responsible for the repair of major home appliances in the customer’s home. Products repaired include the following home appliances: Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Microwaves, Compactors, Disposers, Refrigerators, and other home appliances. This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ appliances while maintaining high levels of customer service. Eight to twelve service calls are dispatched each day using technology, so you are not reporting to our main office in Madison, OH. You start and stop your route from your home. You may be dispatched to any county in our service territory including Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Portage, and Lorain. We are seeking candidates living in any of the (6) counties we service. We work Monday through Friday, weekends off.
If you have no experience in the trade, please do not let that deter you if you meet the qualifications below. If you are willing to learn the trade, we will teach you at our very own Academy. Check it out at Fred’s Appliance Academy. You will learn the trade over a 3 week period with students from all over the country! In fact, we’ve hosted several students from Bermuda, Virgin Islands, and Canada! If you are a chosen candidate, our service department will sponsor your tuition to our Academy, and we will also pay you a wage to take the course! We are serious about recruiting at Fred’s Appliance. We are looking for great people to join our team.
- Exceptional Driving Record
- Internet / Computer Skills
- 18+ Years of Age
- Technical Aptitude or Strong Desire to Learn
- Your Own General Hand Tools
- Ability to lift 50 lbs daily, and maneuver up to 250 lbs occasionally
- Obtain our Academy certificate
- Obtain CFC Certification (Refrigerant Recovery License)
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to think through complex tasks
- Good customer service skills
- Good Listening skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Detail Oriented
- Confident and Compassionate
- Willing to continue education perpetually to meet the ever changing demands of the industry.
- Health Insurance Plan with Premium Supplementation by Employer
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Competitive Base Pay w/ Generous Monthly Bonus Program
- Company Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Truck Take-Home Benefit
- Tablet with Air Card
- Smart Phone
- Gas Card / Company Credit Card
- Uniforms Supplied
- Mapping Device to guide you from call-to-call
- Inventory Supplied
- Tools to self-train are supplied
- Employee Discount Program
- Company Supplied Tools
- Continuous Paid Training
All applications must have a resume when applying for this job. The applicant will not be considered without a proper resume.
About Fred's Appliance Service
Fred’s Appliance is a major household appliance repair center servicing ALL of Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage, Lorain and Cuyahoga counties and Cleveland Ohio.